Restarting your device fixes many common issues.
Just like restarting a computer helps to fix many common problems, restarting your iPhone or iPad should be your first step.
Here’s how to reboot (restart) your iPhone or iPad:
- Press and hold the sleep/wake button.
- It’s on the side (upper right) of the iPhone 6
- It's on the top (right side) for the iPad, iPhone 5, iPhone 4 and older
- You’ll see a red slider on your screen. Slide it to turn off your device and wait a few seconds.
- Press and hold the sleep/wake button again until the Apple logo appears.